[Buildroot] At what stage the init script is created and can be used within the post build script?

MOHAMMAD RASIM mohammad.rasim96 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:55:27 UTC 2018

Hi,
I'm building buildroot as a cpio initramfs (BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_CPIO=y)
and I have a post build script that edits the /init script like so:
sed -i "s/something/anotherthing/" ${TARGET_DIR}/init
The script worked fine when I used buildroot-2018.02.3 but now I want to
build using the latest buildroot from git repo(master branch, latest
commit is 0ce56fbdf6469cf9bbda168ffe75480ae811acaa as of writing this
messege) and the script can't find the /init script and errors out:

|sed: can't read /home/mohammad/buildroot/output/target/init: No such
file or directory

|so clearly the init script is not created until the cpio archive is
created.
So how can I access the /init script from the post-build script ?

Thanks