[Buildroot] Upcoming Buildroot Developers meeting in Brussels

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jan 29 22:52:51 UTC 2018

Hello,

As many of you probably know, a Buildroot Developers Meeting will take
place next week, on Monday/Tuesday in Brussels, right after the FOSDEM
conference. See the event page at
https://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysFOSDEM2018.

We have 14 participants registered, which I believe is the highest
number of participants we've ever had for a Buildroot meeting.

I'd like to thank our sponsors Google and Mind. Google is sponsoring
the meeting location, as well as lunch for the attendees. Mind is
sponsoring the social event of Monday evening.

Also, I'm taking this opportunity to remind everyone, not only the
attendees, that this meeting is the best place to discuss patches and
topics that are outstanding, and for which decisions need to be taken.
We already have a list of topics listed on the event page, but don't
hesitate to add some more topics, even if you're not attending.

It would also be good if people who have proposed topics prepare some
kind of summary to present during the meeting, in order to kick-off the
discussion on the topic: what is the issue we are trying to solve? what
are the possible solutions? what are their respective advantages and
drawbacks? This can be prepared in the form of slides or simple notes,
but I believe some preparation will help make the discussion more
productive.

If you are interested in joining the event, but haven't registered yet,
let me know, it might still be possible.

I'm looking forward to meeting all the attendees next week in Brussels!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering