[Buildroot] Broken link in build notification

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Fri Jan 26 08:31:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

 >> Sorry, my fault. I am moving sources.buildroot.net to a new VM / behind
 >> cloudflare, and DNS for autobuild.buildroot.net temporarily pointed at
 >> the VM running bugs.busybox.net instead of the autobuild master.

> OK, thanks for the clarification.

 >> There's also a few autobuilder failures because of this.

 > I couldn't reproduce the linked build failure, so you think it's
 > probably because of this and it's safe to ignore?

I don't think it is because of the DNS change (which would cause E.G. a
download failure), but I do see that the error is a segfault of a host
utility, and the build happened on gcc67, which is a Ryzen based
machine. These early Ryzen CPUs had a number of problems and we saw
similar crashes, so we stopped using them for autobuilders. I got a
notification a few days ago that the CPU had been replaced, but the
problems apparently still occur, so I have stopped the autobuilder
again.

In other words, yes - You can ignore this error.

 >> It should be fixed now, and sources.buildroot.net should be faster now.
 >>

 > Cool, thanks for the work on this!

You're welcome!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard