[Buildroot] Suggestion for Makefile to probably import BR2_CONFIG

Toan Pham tpham3783 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:06:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion on patching the main Makefile line:

BR2_CONFIG = $(CONFIG_DIR)/.config

BR2_CONFIG ?= $(CONFIG_DIR)/.config

The main reason for this patch is that it allows the configuration file to
be specified from command argument.  For example, I would be able to build
two different targets (even in parallel) with the following commands:

make BR2_CONFIG=$PWD/myTarget1 O=output.target1

make BR2_CONFIG=$PWD/myTarget2 O=output.target2

Without the above patch, buildroot assumes that the config file is already
saved under output.target{1,2}/.config and would fail if the file does not
exist.  I find that the above patch is very valuable, please comment or
make suggestion!

thank you,

TP