[Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Feb 6 09:55:06 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:03:50 +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:

> We're running plain upstream with regards to the parsing code; so if it
> parses we should be fine there.
>
> Assume the parsing is OK, there are a couple of reasons for potential
> drops:
>
>   - the database server was down at the time of parse. This is quite
>     infrequent, but can happen during database upgrades. The last one of
>     those was at 2018-01-27 05:08:30 UTC, so doesn't look like the case
>     here
>
>   - after the update to 2.x, database load has significantly increased;
>     there have been occasions where db connections are rejected due to
>     this. The recent patchwork update should address some issues there,
>     but I'm not sure whether we're back to optimal db behaviour now...

Could it be that the e-mail hasn't been received? Could you check on
the server the logs, and see if the mail has been received at all?
Perhaps it was dropped due to spam detection or something like that.

It would be useful to understand if those e-mails that made it to the
mailing list were received by the patchwork server. We are really
seeing lots of patches being not recorded by patchwork, which makes it
a lot less usable :-/

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
http://bootlin.com