[Buildroot] Wifi not working - raspberrypi3_defconfig

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Mon Dec 17 21:25:58 UTC 2018

Hello Ola,

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:31:43 +0000, Ola Oni <oniola at gmail.com> wrote:

> > raspberrypi3_defconfig with the following changes works for me:
> >
> > +BR2_ROOTFS_DEVICE_CREATION_DYNAMIC_MDEV=y
> >
> > +BR2_PACKAGE_RPI_WIFI_FIRMWARE=y
> > +BR2_PACKAGE_DHCPCD=y
> > +BR2_PACKAGE_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y  :
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> I am rebuilt the raspberry pi 3 buildroot image which has now allowed me
> to see wlan0 when I issue ifconfig but still can't seems to connect to
> WiFi network.
>
> Attached is a file which I have appended my current rpi3_defconfig and
> other outputs. Many thanks in advance.

- configs/rpi3_defconfig: looks good
- dmesg: looks good (brcmfmac messages exist)
- my /etc/network/interfaces (no wireless-... entries):

# interface file auto-generated by buildroot

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
  pre-up /etc/network/nfs_check
  wait-delay 15
  hostname $(hostname)

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
  pre-up wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
  post-down killall -q wpa_supplicant

- my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf (only the bare minimum):

network={
    ssid="my ssid"
    psk="my password"
}

Run wpa_supplicant with debug enabled (-dd)...double check ssid/psk?

Regards,
Peter