[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2018-12-16

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Mon Dec 17 08:25:02 UTC 2018

 > Hello,
 > On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:06:46 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

 >> >      aarch64 | swupdate-2018.11 | NOK |
 >> > http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e302d0edb59ff7617b5f2d21f06eb65ae04981fe
 >> > |
 >> >          arm | swupdate-2018.11 | NOK |
 >> > http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/dbb69acadc20b4bb559311348eca276c1e6343f7
 >> > |

 >> /bin/sh: /home/naourr/work/instance-0/output/host/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-cc: No such file or directory
 >>
 >> swupdate uses $CROSS-cc and not $CROSS-gcc, which not all external
 >> toolchain have. I think it makes sense to add a cc -> gcc symlink for
 >> external toolchains we download if not present. We cannot really do it
 >> for pre-installed external toolchains as we might not have write access
 >> to them.

 > Does it make sense for swupdate to use -cc instead of -gcc ?

Maybe not, but a number of packages use cc for compatibility (E.G. they
should work with other compilers than just gcc).

E.G. the default built in make rule for .c -> binary uses cc:

echo 'int main(void) { return 0; }' > test.c
make test
cc     test.c   -o test

So I think it makes sense to add the symlink for compatibility.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard