[Buildroot] Autobnuilders timeouts [was: Re: autobuilder flock hangs]

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Aug 28 09:03:43 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 18:31:53 +0200, Julien Boibessot wrote:

> > Matthew, Julien, could you have a look at what is causing those on your
> > autobuilders?
>
> I already signaled this problem on BR IRC chan. ;-)
> When occurring, my autobuilder is stuck with a "conftest" process
> consuming 100% of the CPU, indefinitely.
>
> When building host-libsodium alone, all is fine.
>
> When it fails with 100% CPU usage I can only kill the process and don't
> see what is happening. I would say this problem is quite recent (3
> months ?).
>
> What can I do to look further ?

conftest is the typical name of the programs built and run
by ./configure scripts to check/detect whatever they are told to check.
It would be useful to see the contents of the config.log file of
host-libsodium when the problem occurs, to see which particular test is
failing.

Also, is it something you can reproduce with br-reproduce-build
(https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot-test/plain/utils/br-reproduce-build),
using the hash of a build that timed out for you ? Maybe building
host-libsodium alone doesn't exhibit the problem, and it only appears
when a certain set of dependencies has been built prior to
host-libsodium.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com