[Buildroot] Adding new hardware to FPGA zynq-zed

makin1986 mespinoza1986 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:43:43 UTC 2018

Hello

I have been working with a FPGA Zynq Zed, and I already have an minimal
image generated through buildroot with the required for my use.
However, I developed a new hardware in the FPGA to interact with the
arm-cortex cpu. But, I don't have clear, how can I add this new hardware to
be visible in the image generated by buildroot.

For example, on Petalinux, I use the following command line to configure the
new hardware generated:

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<project path>/<project_name>.sdk/
petalinux-config -c device-tree
petalinux-package <arguments>

Could you please help me to know what do I need  to do in order to add the
hardware generated in buildroot? And also what do I need to generate the new
devicetree with the new hardware added?

Thanks
Marco

--