[Buildroot] Separate board config from the rest

Bradford Barr bradford at density.io
Thu Sep 21 14:53:48 UTC 2017

Hey luke,

Page 44 of this document[1] talks about assembling different defconfig
snippets. You could divide your defconfigs into platform specific
options, and target packages and use the
./support/kconfig/merge_config.sh[2] script to combine them. I haven't
tried this myself, but I've been meaning to do something similar for
my projects. Let me know if it works out.

[1]: http://free-electrons.com/doc/training/buildroot/buildroot-slides.pdf
[2]: https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/support/kconfig/merge_config.sh