[Buildroot] [RFC] testing: add python-cryptography tests

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Sep 6 11:27:28 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:44:17 +0200, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

> > So I suppose the test you created is testing enough.
> > Could you (that knows more then me about the package) confirm it is OK to get
> > these messages?
> >
> > If you think testing for the output of the command is needed to determine
> > fail/pass, see TestNoTimezone. I didn't tested but I guess assertRegexpMatches
> > and assertNotRegexpMatches can be helpful.
>
> How can I perform tests for this testing framework locally?

You want to test the testing framework ? Seems weird.

Perhaps you just want to run the test cases ?

Quick start:

 ./support/testing/run-tests -l # to list the tests

 ./support/testing/run-tests -o /path/to/outputdir -k nameoftest # run a test case

> @Thomas do I see it right, that Python3 doesn't provide hashlib core
> property ans that this functionality is the by default compared to
> Python2?

Huh, I'm supposed to be able to answer this question ? :-)

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering