[Buildroot] Minnowboard max Atom options suboptimal?

Zeno Endemann zeno.endemann at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:30:29 UTC 2017

Hello,

The minnowboard_max_defconfig in buildroot is using the BR2_x86_atom=y
option and the used kernel config contains CONFIG_MATOM=y.

Since the CPU on that board is a newer Atom with out of order execution
I was wondering if BR2_x86_corei7=y and a generic x86/64 kernel wouldn't
be better. At least in my test the system seems to be running fine with
these options and if I see this right the intel yocto layer config for
the Minnowboard max is also using them.

Thanks for any hints,

Zeno Endemann