[Buildroot] Cannot rebuild autobuild

Petr Vorel petr.vorel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:16:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

> >  If the *.mk is expanded in alphabetical order, pkg-toolchain-external.mk will
> > always come before toolchain-external.mk. Otherwise it is possible (depending on
> > the state of hash tables or inode numbers or whatever) that
> > toolchain-external-custom.mk gets included first.

> According to this [1] it is a change from the used gnu-make version (on Tumbleweed
> GNU Make 4.2.1 is used)?
I found by bisecting that our bug is caused by this change in make:
4fd5672 ("Use Jenkins hash.")
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/commit/?id=4fd56724ad281498d3c8b27a4b25b4070f6e4e65
It's a version after last release (4.2.1).
I wonder whether it's a bug in make (I guess so) and whether we should report it
(probably).

As 4.2.1 compiled from source works, I don't know what broke it for 4.2.1 from openSUSE. I
expected this patch, but that is working.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Base:System/make/make-sorted-glob.patch?expand=1

I tested Peter's patch with broken make versions, fixes them.

Kind regards,
Petr