[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2017-10-30

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:35:14 UTC 2017

Dear Thomas Petazzoni,

<thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 15:18:24 +0100, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
>
>> > But you won't be able to reproduce the problem on your PC, because your
>> > PC is x86-64, and the build failure seems to be specific to building on
>> > ppc64le.
>> >
>> > Do you have an account on the gcc compile farm ?
>>
>> Of course no.
>
> You could ask for one, see https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/users/new/.

Wonderful! I'll do in minutes!

>> I don't think I can help here. If the problem persists,
>> probably the best way is to disable mono when the host is ppc64le.
>
> Which host platforms does mono support? Should we enable it only for
> x86/x86-64 build machines?

Mono supports PPC architectures at least stating to the documentation [1]

> Do you think you could report this issue upstream?

I don't think this should be reported as a bug. Mono is running while
that error happens, so the problem is somewhere in a library or
similar.
I'll investigate more when the account on the farm will be enabled.

I'm just sending a mono bump upstream and hopefully the new version
will solve the problem. Do you think I'm late?

Sincerely, Angelo

[1] http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo