[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2017-10-30

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Nov 3 13:38:28 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 12:17:37 +0100, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:

> >> Unhandled Exception:
> >> System.ExecutionEngineException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
> >>
> >> Angelo, could you have a look ?
> >
> > Still unfixed.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. Could be something
> transient? It has not crashed anymore in the last few days.

No, it's not a transient issue, as I've been able to reproduce a
similar (but not identical) crash. The thing is that it fails when
building on a ppc64le machine (the gcc112 autobuilder instance). I just
reproduced it:

Unhandled Exception:
System.ExecutionEngineException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
[...]

So it seems like host-mono doesn't build on a ppc64le machine. Looking
at the host-monolite tarball, I see it's a bunch of .dll built for x86.
Is this supposed to work on other architectures as well?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering