[Buildroot] genimage maintainers

Martin Kepplinger martin.kepplinger at ginzinger.com
Tue May 30 11:58:01 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-30 12:04, hkengblom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This post may not be related to Buildroot but rather to genimage, but I've
> not been able to find any maintainer for genimage, so I'm posting here since
> I found an issue with genimage when using Buildroot.
>
> My problem is that there seem to be a bug in genimage making it impossible
> to have a mountpoint specified like this:
>
> image dummy.ext4 {
>   ext4 {}
>   mountpoint = "/mnt/subdirectory"
>   size = 128M
> }
>
> however this works fine:
>
> image dummy.ext4 {
>   ext4 {}
>   mountpoint = "/mnt"
>   size = 128M
> }
>
> When looking at the code it looks like genimage cannot handle mountpoints
> that is not a directory directly under /
>
> I've made a patch for it, but I don't know where to send it, or make a
> pull-request. Further, I'm not that familiar with genimage, so it would be
> good if someone with more insight in genimage could take a look at it.
>
> Can anyone point me to someone that might be the "receiver" of such a patch?
>
> br Håkan

haven't you tried to just look for it? It seems like it's developed on
github, and an issue with the problem you describe is already open there:
https://github.com/vivien/genimage/issues/2

I guess that would be the place this should go. Tell them it's a simple
and important issue to you, make a pull request and they will help you.

                        martin

Ginzinger electronic systems GmbH
Gewerbegebiet Pirath 16
4952 Weng im Innkreis