[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2017-05-11

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun May 14 19:19:56 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Sun, 14 May 2017 19:45:06 +0200, Eric Le Bihan wrote:

> On 17-05-12 08:29:50, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>
> >        sparc |                skalibs-2.4.0.2 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/85062b5f9dbe74d7d1c6edfeda085268ecaef4c2 |
>
> This one is puzzling. The configure steps ends with the following error:
>
> ```
> Checking whether system has auto-close after fd-passing...
>   ... test crashed, aborting.
>   make: ***
>   [/accts/mlweber1/instance-2/output/build/skalibs-2.4.0.2/.stamp_configured]
>   Error 111
>   make: Leaving directory `/accts/mlweber1/instance-2/buildroot'
> ```
>
> The configure script tries to cross-compile and execute a program
> (tryancilautoclose). The cross-compilation succeeds and of course the
> execution fails, as it means running a program compiled for the
> SPARC architecture on a x86 machine. Normally, the shell which executes
> the program should return the code 126, as mentioned in the list of Bash
> exit codes with special meaning [1].
>
> Here the exit code is 111. When looking at tryancilautoclose.c, we can
> see that 111 may be returned.
>
> So this error means that either the shell managed to execute the
> cross-compiled program or the shell does not follow the convention [1].
>
> Which are the architecture of the build machine and the shell used?

Thanks for investigating this issue. This build failure occurred on
Matt Weber's autobuilder instance, so I've added him in Cc. His
instance has already triggered some weird issues recently due to an
unusual setup. Hopefully Matt will be able to shed some light on what's
going on, possibly reproduce by hand the issue and investigate.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering