[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2017-05-08

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Wed May 10 09:26:16 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 9 May 2017 11:20:19 +0200, Yegor Yefremov wrote:
>
>> > error: Name clash for '<pstage/lib>libboost_system.a'
>> >
>> > Yegor, you are in the DEVELOPERS file for Boost, could you have a look ?
>>
>> OMG I'm the only one registered as DEVELOPER for boost.
>
> Good luck :-)
>
> Feel free to find other volunteers to maintain this wonderful package!
>
>> This situation seems to occur, when both iconv and icu are selected:
>>
>>     - iconv (libc)             : yes
>>     - icu                      : yes
>>
>> Need to dig further.
>
> Great, thanks!

Seems like it is a problem of locale, regex modules and static ICU.
See [1] for details. I think we should disable both modules if static
and ICU are selected.

Patch sent.

[1] http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/bjam-Building-Regex-with-static-runtime-linking-td2588874.html

Yegor