[Buildroot] [git commit] lua-resty-http: new package

Danomi Manchego danomimanchego123 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 13:59:51 UTC 2017

Peter,

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Peter Korsgaard <peter at korsgaard.com> wrote:

>  > Hello,
>  > Well, I'm also very far from nginx expert, but yes, it
>  > lua-nginx-module, which we need in our special embedded linux. So, if
>  > you don't explicitly have nginx modules in buildroot, how should we
>  > deal with it?
>
> So how are you using it now?
>
> We currently don't have any explicit handling of the nginx-lua
> module. You could conceptually do something with the 'nginx additional
> modules' (BR2_PACKAGE_NGINX_ADD_MODULES) option, but there's no
> guarantee that nginx builds after luajit.
>
> I guess the proper solution would be to add an explicit nginx-lua
> module, similar to what we already have for nginx-dav-ext / nginx-naxsi
> / nginx-upload.

FWIW - that's what we did in our project - an "ngx_lua" package that
simply uses generic-package to download and untar the source, and an
addition to nginx.mk like this:

ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_NGX_LUA),y)
NGINX_DEPENDENCIES += ngx_lua luainterpreter
NGINX_CONF_OPTS += --add-module=$(NGX_LUA_DIR)
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_LUAJIT),y)
NGINX_CONF_ENV += LUAJIT_LIB=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib
LUAJIT_INC=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/include
endif
endif

But then we ended up not actually using ngx_lua at all.

Danomi -