[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2017-04-29

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu May 4 06:55:47 UTC 2017

On 03-05-17 15:02, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 3 May 2017 14:47:13 +0200, Richard Braun wrote:
>
>>> Richard have you updated your autobuild-run script recently?
>>
>> My builder should be running with version 6986aa15ed966e16312ebaef1a47f498ca76a197.
>>
>> It is automatically updated and restarted once a week.
>
> Then you are running with the latest changes from Arnout, and most of
> the other autobuilder slaves are not, which is why we only see this
> issue coming from your autobuilder.
>
> So, this confirms my hypothesis that the bug is in the changes from
> Arnout :-)

 The problem is that that defconfig file (sourcery-arm-thumb2.config) doesn't
specify which toolchain to use:

BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_a8=y
BR2_ARM_EABI=y
BR2_ARM_INSTRUCTIONS_THUMB2=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION=""

It just relies on the default external toolchain.

 Obviously this isn't very robust to begin with: when the external toolchains
change, this could implicitly change this toolchain defconfig. E.g. imagine that
Linaro would grow a Thumb2 option, then suddenly this sourcery-arm-thumb2.config
would build using a Linaro toolchain...

 So I think the solution is to explicitly add the predefined external toolchain
to use to all the toolchain configs. I'll try to send a patch for that.

 BTW, I notice now that we don't have configs for the Codescape toolchains. Any
reason for that?

 Regards,
 Arnout