[Buildroot] [RFC 2/3] rpi-userland: fix opengl library symlinks

Gaël PORTAY gael.portay at savoirfairelinux.com
Wed Mar 22 22:38:51 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:54:21PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:13:30 -0400, Gaël PORTAY wrote:
> > Qt WebEngine module is linked against libEGL.so.1 and libGLESv2.so.2.

I write this patch a month ago, I don't remember when it crashes (maybe at
runtime...).

> I don't understand this. Does WebEngine contains pre-built binaries? If
> so, then most likely they are only available for a few architectures,
> and Qt WebEngine should only be available for those few architectures.
>
> If everything is source code, then presumably the build system uses
> -lEGL -lGLESv2, which tells gcc to look for libEGL.so and libGLESv2.so,
> so those .1 and .2 suffixes should not matter.

Indeed.

I just did a quick look up into the sources [1], and my message is totally
wrong! My excuses...

WebEngine is not linked against those libraries: libraries are dynamically
loaded.

> Can you give some more details here?

Do you want I reproduce the crash? To make sure this quick investigation is
correct?

> Also: if this is needed for the qtwebengine build to be successful, it
> should appear *before* the qtwebengine patch in the series.

Indeed (again)...

> Thanks!
>
> Thomas
> --