[Buildroot] test-pkg script can't handle captive portals. etc.

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Mar 1 20:06:09 UTC 2017

Marcus, All,

On 2017-02-28 21:30 +0100, Marcus Hoffmann spake thusly:
> I just ran into an issue with the test-pkg script.
> When the TOOLCHAINS_URL returns an unexpected result,
> (A router login page, when the Internet got disconnected, a captive
> portal login page, a MITM attack, etc.) the script does weird things and
> outputs something like this:
>
>     html>: FAILED
> <!DOCTYPE: FAILED
>      HTML: FAILED
>      HTML: ^[ORFAILED
>      EN">:
> [...]

In this situation, I would think that curl will happily return
sucessfuly, so we would not have any hint that the download actually
failed.

For that we would have to inspect the output, and see if that looks like
an actual toolchain list.

I'll see if I can do something about it.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.