[Buildroot] OpenCV-Python Support

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jun 8 15:30:28 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 06:19:43 -0700, Jimmy at 86Pixels wrote:

> I noticed that back in 2015 there was a patch submitted and signed off
> that added opencv_python as a build option for OpenCV 2.
>
> I noticed that it was then reverted in this commit when OpenCV 2.4 was
> targeted.
>
> https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/commit/ac57d05076d7554d5bf43375cc7269fc0e658acc#diff-44c9b82a4a4d16aae921f9f88a95634b
>
> To my knowledge, this should still work, was this simply a mistake, or
> am I missing something?  I'd love to add it back in as its a dependency
> of mine.

Config.in contains:

comment "opencv_python module requires numpy which is not yet available."

However, we now have python-numpy, so it should be possible to build
OpenCV python support.

Just test it, and submit a patch doing this! :-)

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering