[Buildroot] Grub2

skenton at ou.edu skenton at ou.edu
Fri Jun 2 03:11:10 UTC 2017

A while back I tripped over a bug in Grub2 2.00 that sometimes made my
embedded system unbootable so I've been running with the code fragment
below in my build script. It still works with 2017.05 release FYI.

It builds just fine for me on x86_64 glibc but is not a general drop in
because gfxterm_background and probably other commands which were built
into the grub2 core in 2.00 are modules in 2.02 and required adjustments
to my embedded modules list. What is the best way to upgrade versions in
this sort of situation?

Steve Kenton

# To work around package bugs slip stream grub2
sed --in-place 's/2.00/2.02/' $buildrootdir/boot/grub2/grub2.mk
# Remove the hash file(s) to fool buildroot
rm --force $buildrootdir/boot/grub2/grub2.hash
$buildrootdir/boot/grub2/*.patch