[Buildroot] [RFC] kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv:compaling error

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Jul 18 12:38:03 UTC 2017

Hi Refik,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Refik Tuzaklı <tuzaklirefik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Petazzoni-2 wrote

>>> Thomas is correct, this GPU module is only meant for NXP-based kernels
>>> from 3.10.x to 4.1.x.
>>
>> Perhaps we should update the Config.in help text of the
>> kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv package to indicate this ?
>>
>> I know people don't read the help text, but at least when it exists, we
>> can point them to the help text, and the fact that they should read the
>> documentation :-)
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Thomas
>> --
>> Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
>> Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
>> http://free-electrons.com
>
> Thanks for your quick replay,
>

> how can use Linux 4.1 based BSP provided by Freescale/NXP on buildroot. Is
> it enought to change kernel version to 4.1 under kernel and toolchain in
> Buildroot or should it be more specific like 4.1.15 as in Freescale website?

It depends on the platform you are using, but the standard
NXP/Freescale linux kernel can be found here:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-imx.git/

You can have a look at the Freescale SABRE Smart Device Buildroot configuration:
https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/configs/freescale_imx6qsabresd_defconfig#n20

Regards,
Gary