[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2017-02-16

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Feb 21 08:46:03 UTC 2017

On 21-02-17 09:27, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:05:01 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
>
>>  Perhaps for the timeout, it would make sense to do a setrlimit(RLIMIT_CPU) in
>> addition to the monitor. That way you avoid that a single compile stays stuck
>> for 7 hours. Though admittedly at the moment it happens sufficiently rarely to
>> not be too much of a waste.
>
> So doing "ulimit -t 60" will for example prevent a single process from
> getting more than 60 seconds of CPU time ?

 Indeed. At least, I think so :-) According to the setrlimit man page, the
limits are inherited by child processes. And as far as I can see, the limit only
applies to the process's own CPU time, not the cumulative time including children.

> But I agree, it doesn't happen that often, so probably not worth the
> effort.

>>> This is the same issue as the one fixed for libraw in
>>> d246cf5fd01bb0d20a0e64194ffed514ea8dd0aa. It's annoying that the issue
>>> is in the jasper package, but we have to fix it in all packages using
>>> jasper. Not sure what can be done about it though.
>>
>>  Actually, only the packages that use C++. AFAICS that's just kodi, libraw,
>> opencv and opencv3.
>
> Correct. But still, that's a bit annoying to have to change all the
> consumers of a package.

 An alternative would be to patch jasper itself to define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS in
its headers. Far-reaching, but probably harmless. Not sure if such a patch would
be upstreamable though.

 Regards,
 Arnout