[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2017-02-13

Sam Bobroff sam.bobroff at au1.ibm.com
Wed Feb 15 02:45:49 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 02:27:25PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jörg, Peter, Romain, Bernd, Gustavo, Carsten, Philippe, Yann, François,
> Dagg, Baruch and ARC/Synopsys developers, there are some questions for
> you below.
>
> Thanks!

[snip]

> >    powerpc64 |                   libsvg-0.1.4 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/f2d5b2459080bf9c67906b8b240150303bb61461
>
> /usr/lib64/libexpat.so: error adding symbols: File in wrong format
>
> It's picking some host library, which is wrong. Carsten, you're listed
> in the DEVELOPERS file for libsvg, could you have a look?

I've had a look at this, it seems to be that pkg-config is used to
locate libxml, but when expat is used instead it just adds '-lexpat' --
which can find the host library.

Unfortunately, the change needs to be in configure.in and AUTORECONF
fails. I've experimented with creating a patch to configure that does
what I believe autoreconf should do (adds a copy of the libxml
pkg-config code adjusted for expat). Does that seem a reasonable fix?
If so, I'll post it.

Cheers,
Sam.