[Buildroot] gcc 5.2.0 not supported?

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Tue Feb 14 05:27:02 UTC 2017

Hi Ron,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 07:38:36PM -0800, Ron Eggler wrote:
> I've build a crosstoolchain for powerpc using crosstools-NG today and I
> wanted to use buildroot to compile a kernel for my system.
> Now, turns out I'm getting:

> expected 4.3.x, got 5.2.0

You need to select your external toolchain version in Toolchain -> External
toolchain gcc version. 4.3.x is the default, you need to change it to 5.x.

> on make and when I started Googling around, I found this thread
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2015-July/133170.html from July
> 2015 that essentially says that gcc 5.2.0 is not supported.
> Now I'm wondering if this is this still the case?

The linked messages is about the Buildroot internal toolchain. It has noting
to do with you case.

> Also, before I had set the kernel headers to 4.3.x in menu config, I would
> get the same error but saying:

> expected 2.6.x, got 4.3.x
>
> Now as I've moved up the header version to match 4.3.x, I get the error
> pasted above. How can that be? How can I get my kernel built using the
> crosstools-NG toolchain?

Here again you need to set 'External toolchain kernel headers series' to the
version of your toolchain kernel headers.

Hope this helps,
baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -