[Buildroot] Report of the Buildroot Developer Meeting @FOSDEM2017

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sun Feb 12 20:10:18 UTC 2017

 Hi Buildrooters,

 On Monday and Tuesday 6-7 February 2017, we held a Buildroot Developer Meeting
in Brussels. You can find the report (and some pictures) at [1]. Here are some
highlights.

* We reuse the same subjects as last year for GSoC. Unfortunately, we didn't
actually submit the proposal in time (last Thursday), so no GSoC this year...

* We're going to be a little more relaxed about accepting host packages.

* We will use 2017.02 as an LTS release which we will maintain for a year (but
maybe longer). It will have regular releases (roughly monthly but no promises).
It will contain mainly security bumps, but also bugfix bumps and buildroot
infrastructure bugfixes.

 We also discussed quite a few technical questions that users have encountered
and what is the best way to deal with them. See the report for details. And
finally, we did some hacking and patchwork cleanup.

 A big thank to our sponsors for making this possible:

- Google for providing the location and free lunch;
- Mind for funding the Monday evening pizza.

 Regards,
 Arnout

[1] http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysFOSDEM2017