[Buildroot] systemd: blkid support requested but libraries not found

Christian Stewart christian at paral.in
Wed Dec 20 06:04:17 UTC 2017

Hi Baruch,

Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il> writes:
> Have you run a clean rebuild, 'make clean all'?
>
> It looks like you selected BR2_INIT_SYSTEMD when util-linux has already been
> built. Buildroot will not rebuild util-linux in this case. You need to start
> the build from scratch.

Yes, I have been doing the following sequence to reproduce:

 make clean
 make defconfig BR2_DEFCONFIG=$(pwd)/defconfig
 make systemd

The defconfig I have narrowed it down to so far is:

BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_a7=y
BR2_CCACHE=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON_VFPV4=y
BR2_OPTIMIZE_2=y
BR2_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_27_X=y
BR2_GCC_ENABLE_LTO=y
BR2_INIT_SYSTEMD=y
BR2_SYSTEM_BIN_SH_BASH=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LINARO_ARM=y

Testing a newer version of binutils now to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Christian Stewart