[Buildroot] systemd: build failure against pam on arm

Christian Stewart christian at paral.in
Wed Dec 20 00:31:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Christian Stewart <christian at paral.in> writes:
> I'm still seeing this error under Gentoo against 2017.11:
>   CCLD     busctl
>   CCLD     systemd-socket-activate
> /lib/libpam.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
>
> defconfig:

I have found that the defconfig I sent in my previous email does not
reproduce the issue. The issue can successfully be reproduced against
2017.11 with the following defconfig:

BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_a7=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON_VFPV4=y
BR2_CCACHE=y
BR2_OPTIMIZE_2=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC=y
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_LINUX_HEADERS_CUSTOM_4_9=y
BR2_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_27_X=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_CXX=y
BR2_GCC_ENABLE_LTO=y
BR2_INIT_SYSTEMD=y
BR2_SYSTEM_BIN_SH_BASH=y
BR2_ENABLE_LOCALE_WHITELIST="C en_US en_US.UTF-8"
BR2_GENERATE_LOCALE="en_US.UTF-8"
BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_SELINUX=y

I'm not sure what it is in this set of config options that causes the problem.

Best,
Christian Stewart