[Buildroot] status of odroidc2's support?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 4 08:13:10 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 07:35:27 +0100, daggs wrote:

> now that gcc 4.9.x was dropped from buildroot,

Gcc 4.9 is not dropped from Buildroot, it's still there in the current
Git master.

> is it impossible to build the vendor's version of odroidc2. (uboot
> doesn't compile)
> so the is no way to build a workable image for this board. I think
> there support for gcc5 was added but not for gcc6. I've tried to add
> support for gcc6 but it won't boot the kernel.
>
> unfortunately, I don't have any time to handle both vendor and
> mainline support. I wonder if it worthwhile to continue my support
> for it. I know that soon to be mainline kernel 4.15 has hdmi support
> but I don't know for what extent (still trying to figure it out), one
> thing is sure, there will be no hw decoding support. is there a way
> to restore support for the vendor's flavor? maybe and external
> toolchain?

Getting U-Boot to build with gcc 5.x should just be a matter of
backporting a U-Boot patch. Can you try applying something
like ./roseapplepi/patches/uboot/0001-compiler-.h-sync-include-linux-compiler-.h-with-Linu.patch
to your U-Boot and see if it works ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering