[Buildroot] Compiling buildroot for Arm "Armada 166E" Target

Aseem Sharma aseem.sharma19 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:33:24 UTC 2017

Hello Baruch & Arnout,

Thanks for your responses.
The board that I have is quite old with limited RAM and Flash.

Baruch,
Could you please provide more details as to how do I select "iwmmxt" using
menuconfig. As far as I remember, I do not seem to have that option in my
current buildroot release.

Also, as per Arnout's response to my query, I should be using ARM little
endian with arm926tARM.

Are these two options one and the same?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Aseem

Sent via really tiny keyboard. Expect random auto corrects, fat finger
typos and weirdness!!

On 09-Aug-2017 21:19, "Baruch Siach" <baruch at tkos.co.il> wrote:

Hi Aweem,

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 06:00:55PM +0530, Aseem Sharma wrote:
> I am naive to buildroot & processor world trying to compile
> "buildroot-2017.02.5" for "Marvell ARM Armada 166E processor (compatible
> ARMv5TE instruction-set)" based old system. However, I do not understand
> the options to be selected in "make menuconfig" for
> 1. Target options->Target Architecture {think should be ARM - little
endian}
> 2. Target options->Target Architecture variant
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Based on the Armada 16x Datasheet[1], the mainline kernel
arch/arm/mach-mmp/Kconfig (CONFIG_CPU_PXA168) and arch/arm/Kconfig
(CONFIG_IWMMXT), it seems like you need the iwmmxt ARM variant for your
Armada
166E processor.

[1] http://www.marvell.com.cn/application-processors/armada-100/
assets/armada_16x_datasheet.pdf