[Buildroot] 2017.08-rc1 approaching

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Aug 2 20:53:13 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 08:08:54 +0200, daggs wrote:

> my I inquire what will be the status of the odroidc2 in this release?

The defconfig is still there, in configs/odroidc2_defconfig. And it
currently builds fine:
https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/25168668.

> it still depends on gcc 4.9.x, I'm working on a latest uboot support which will remove this limitation but I wasn't able to get it to work yet.
> in addition I lost the ability to test it as the board was dedicated to other urgent matter, I'm planning to order a new one now but it will take time arrive.

For now, we're keeping gcc 4.9 support around, so no problem for the
2017.08 release.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering