[Buildroot] [aarch64] can't handle reloc type error

Matt Flax flatmax at flatmax.org
Thu Apr 6 08:12:39 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I am building buildroot for aarch64. I am using the s5p6818 system.
The system builds and boots well.

The problem I am having is that any packages which are in my external
directory $BR2_EXTERNAL_CUSTOM_PATH doesn't produce executable executables.

If I try to run something which was sourced from the buildroot package
directory, it works well.

If I try to run an executable from my custom external package path, it
doesn't. I get the following error :

/usr/bin/testit symbol '_ZSt15__once_callable': can't handle reloc type
0x407

Anyone got any ideas on what to do ?

thanks
Matt