[Buildroot] uclibc-ng: bump to 1.0.18

Lance Fredrickson lancethepants at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:00:49 UTC 2016

On 9/29/2016 12:22 PM, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> It is fixed upstream and a patch was sent to br mailinglist.

Thanks, that seems to take care of it.
I'm running into one more hiccup, and I'm not sure whether this is more
buildroot or uclibc-ng.

I've been using buildroot primarily for its ability to create
toolchains, I haven't been compiling any included packages.  For my
purposes I need backtrace support, so I add "UCLIBC_HAS_BACKTRACE=y"
into uClibc-ng.config.  Now when doing the final GCC compilation where
it appears to be creating libgcc, I get the following error.

/opt/tomatoware/arm-soft-mmc/usr/arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/ld:
cannot find /lib/libubacktrace.so.1

My guess as to what's happening is is that ld is told to link with
backtrace, but that functionality has been has been put into libc. At
the location of the toolchain libraries, I created some symlinks from
backtrace (libubacktrace.so...) to libc and this made it happy and it
finished compiling the toolchain.  So I think either in the compilation
process, it needs to not pass backtrace to the linker, or it needs a
symlink to libc like I've placed.

Lance