[Buildroot] RTAI math module compilation

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Sep 29 20:23:25 UTC 2016

 [Please don't top-post, but reply in-line like so.]

On 29-09-16 21:34, servo gmrt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RTAI supports to ARM ,m68,  PPC and x86.
>
> I am using it in my project.
>
> Recently I compiled RTAI-4.0.1 with 3.8.13 kernel. It is working fine.

 I guess for x86 then? Because I don't see a usable patch for 3.8 ARM or
PowerPC, as I wrote below.

> I found some changes and modifications are required for building rtai_math.ko
> module.
>
> I did the changes in generated makefile after that it started building. (I
> followed http://mail.rtai.org/pipermail/rtai/2012-December/025250.html )
>
> Rtai releases are not as fast as Linux Kernel and buildroot.Don't remove the
> RTAI module from buildroot.

 It doesn't make sense to keep RTAI if it is not possible to actually use it.
Your problem shows that it is not usable at the moment. So unless you or someone
else are willing to send patches to fix the issues with it, it makes no sense
for us to keep it around. People who do need it can always recover it from git
history and try to fix the failures.

 Regards,
 Arnout

[Quoted text kept because I refer to it above.]