[Buildroot] uboot: building MLO fails

Lothar Felten lothar.felten at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:55:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

with the current uboot.mk the MLO isn't generated anymore.

I modified my defconfig (beaglebone_defconfig) to:
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_CUSTOM=y
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_CUSTOM_NAME="spl/u-boot-spl.bin"
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_SPL=y
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_SPL_NAME="MLO"

In uboot.mk $(BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_CUSTOM_NAME) is added to
UBOOT_BINS but not to UBOOT_MAKE_TARGET, why?

If I add:
UBOOT_MAKE_TARGET += $(call qstrip,$(BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_FORMAT_CUSTOM_NAME))
the MLO ist built and installed, but I'm not sure if that would break
qmx6_defconfig, orangepipc_defconfig or toradex_apalis_imx6_defconfig.

Lothar