[Buildroot] [RFC v2] mysql: replace mysql with mariadb 10.1

Floris Bos bos at je-eigen-domein.nl
Thu Sep 22 09:28:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 09/22/2016 07:33 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> Isn't part of the original idea of MariaDB to avoid the GPL-licensed
> client library so that proprietary applications can link with the
> client library without having to purchase a MySQL license?

The server distribution still uses the old GPL one for now.

There is a separate download called MariaDB connector/C that is a LGPL
libmysqlclient replacement.
However that one wasn't really source code compatible with existing
programs last time I tried to compile a couple buildroot packages
against it.

Upstream bug: https://jira.mariadb.org/projects/CONC/issues/CONC-200

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos