[Buildroot] How to flash to internal eMMC

yoda zhong yodazhong at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:42:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

Sorry for this additional message for flashing.
But I failed all method that I found by googling and advices from someone.

In a nutshell, I want to make my beaglebone black run by itself without microSD.
So I want to flash microSD into internal 4GB eMMC. FYI, microSD was made by following
http://free-electrons.com/doc/training/buildroot/buildroot-labs.pdf

Someone advised to use dd command. So I checked the partitions for eMMC and microSD,
and dded. But I failed to boot up without microSD.

Someone advised to boot up by keeping pressing boot button, but there’s no lit leds and failed
to boot without microSD.

I tried all things on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31725206/unable-to-flash-emmc-from-sd-card-beaglebone-black
But I failed.

In fact, I tried this also http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Flashing_eMMC
But I failed. It seems like this method can’t be applicable to buildroot.

What am I missing?

Best,
Jehun