[Buildroot] Is there an equivalent of yocto's devshell?

Ottavio Campana o.campana at videotec.com
Thu Sep 1 12:18:58 UTC 2016

> My feeling is that things like devshell are created because using Yocto
> during development is too painful. Buildroot simply doesn't need
> something like devshell because using the build system during active
> development is perfectly fine. Of course, if you disagree and have some
> concrete examples, we'll be happy to look into this.

Thomas, you are 100%.

The usual situation is you develop a portable program, but then you need to specialize some part that is platform-specify and you need to work on the sources with the cross compiler.

I think I'll echo the environment and then reproduce it when I'll work on the sources.

Thank you

Ottavio