[Buildroot] Webtool to analyze package build fail/pass from autobuild

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Wed Oct 19 13:04:04 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 11:44 +0000, Cupertino Miranda wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am part of the ARC GNU team at Synopsys.
> More recently in order to analyze progress in buildroot package builds,
> I created a web tool that recovers latest build information from
> autobuild.buildroot.net and creates an internal database and web-tools
> to access it.
>
> This database/webtool is organize such that we can track progress of
> which packages are failing or passing at any specific moment, and trace
> this failures to a specific build where we can analyze any of the build
> related logs.
>
> Moreover, each day/week the tool generates a report sent to all the
> team, where it clearly specifies which packages started failing or
> passed during the period.
>
> As this tools have been proven to be of great value to us, perhaps you
> would feel the same.
> The code is shared in:
> https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/buildroot_stats
>
> Looking forward for your feedback.

I'm wondering if there's any interest in proposed thing from your side?

This tool works for us internally for quite some time now,
still I think others may benefit from it too.

We may indeed deploy it on some public server and encourage people
to start using that but I'm not sure if there's a point in adding
"3rd-party" services around http://autobuild.buildroot.net/ instead
of enhancing autobuild server itself.

-Alexey