[Buildroot] initramfs is not being linked into kernel

Adam Baxter voltagex at voltagex.org
Thu Oct 13 12:34:30 UTC 2016

On 13 Oct 2016 9:34 AM, "Arnout Vandecappelle" <arnout at mind.be> wrote:

> On 08-10-16 12:39, Adam Baxter wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got the following external / overlay build setup
> > - https://github.com/baxterworks-build/buildroot-skeleton.
BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_INITRAMFS=y

https://github.com/baxterworks-build/buildroot-skeleton/blob/master/external/configs/skeleton_defconfig
https://github.com/baxterworks-build/buildroot-skeleton/blob/master/external/configs/kernel.config

>  It seems to work for me (with a slightly modified buildroot config
though) on
> current git master, and there are no relevant changes since 2016.08.
>
>  Do you have this with a clean build, or only when you do a rebuild?
Although
> the latter really shouldn't make a difference... Is the
> output/build/linux-4.7.2/.stamp_initramfs_rebuilt file created and
up-to-date?
> Does output/build/linux-4.7.2/initramfs_data.cpio.gz look correct?
initramfs_data.o?

This was very strange. At the time I wrote that, I couldn't get the
initramfs to work with git HEAD, but it was working fine with 2016.08.

Current HEAD is working fine.

Thanks for your suggestions in any case. On to the next problem.

--Adam