[Buildroot] gdb texinfo dependency

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Oct 7 12:21:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 21:50:12 +0200, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:

> But also, is it possible that you did not see the two questions at the
> bottom of my mail?

No, I did not see those questions.

> 1. What about fixing it in pkg-generic.mk for all packages?

From a quick grep, it seems like we have 6 packages today that pass
MAKEINFO=true or MAKEINFO=:, with binutils and gdb that would be 8
packages. I'm not sure we've reached the point where moving it to the
common package infrastructure makes sense.

> 2. What about using ':' instead of 'true'?

I don't really see the difference between the two. I guess ':' is a
shell built-in, and 'true' is a proper separate command. But I'm not
sure why we would use one instead of the other.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering