[Buildroot] Bare metal toolchain support?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 23 12:06:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:20:35 +0100, Alvaro Gamez wrote:

> errno.c:6:19: fatal error: reent.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <reent.h>
>
> This reent.h header doesn't exist in the toolchain built by buildroot, but
> it exists on Xilinx's:

reent.h is a newlib-specific header, which indeed will only exist on
bare-metal toolchains that use newlib. However, it's surprising that
bootloader code includes reent.h: this file defines the reentrant
variant of a number of system-level functions (close, stat, etc.). Which
doesn't make a lot of sense in a bootloader.

Perhaps it is not really used? I guess, you'll have to hack things
a bit to get them to build.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering