[Buildroot] 2016.11-rc2 with really old versions of bash (RHEL5)

Thomas De Schampheleire thomas.de.schampheleire at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:19:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 5:50 AM, Ricardo Martincoski
<ricardo.martincoski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Arnout,
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 08:43 PM, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
>
>> On 17-11-16 00:14, Max Filippov wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I have this issue. It was introduced by the commit 20cd49738781b ("core:
>>> add support for multiple br2-external trees").
>>
>>  Would any of you RHEL5 users be able to contribute an autobuilder instance so
>> this kind of issue can be detected on time?
>
> I sent the e-mail as a heads up to the real users of RHEL5.
> From past e-mails, I know Thomas DS and Max are (or were) users.

True, I still need to support some RHEL5 machines, although the
majority is at RHEL6 and RHEL7 (or CentOS equivalents).
We are not using BR2_EXTERNAL though, so if I could get around it by
making sure the script is not actually called, I would be fine.

So strictly speaking for my own needs, I wouldn't really mind requiring bash 4.
(but please don't start using bash 4 features in other,
non-br2-external scripts just yet :-) )