[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2016-11-05

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Nov 11 20:41:07 UTC 2016

Hello Sam,

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:48:01 +1100, Sam Bobroff wrote:

> > >    powerpc64 |       docker-containerd-v0.2.4 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/eb2722d0d771e828697a4a7eb3e64663e1b19fb6
> >
> > PowerPC64 support in Go is not good, I propose to disable it since we
> > didn't get any feedback from Geoff.
>
> Just a note here: From that thread I posted earlier, Go is supporting
> powerpc64le (which is reasonable given that it's likely what everyone is
> using from Power 8 onwards) fairly well, it's just big endian that's not
> working. I tested a build of docker-containerd on little endian and it
> worked fine.

I've pushed a commit that disables Go on PowerPC64 big-endian:

  https://git.buildroot.org/buildroot/commit/?id=b1a2f09e6956f880c9f56d8be27e38adaca3179f

Could you have a look at the other PowerPC64 build failures, listed at:

  http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?arch=powerpc64&status=NOK

Of course, you should ignore the build failures on flannel,
docker-containerd, docker-engine and runc. But it leaves a bunch of
failures on openblas, libdvbcsa, hwloc (this one might be a parallel
build issue unrelated to ppc64), host-qemu.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering