[Buildroot] Autobuilder issue

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Nov 8 12:11:09 UTC 2016

Thomas,

On Nov 8, 2016 2:45 AM, "Thomas Petazzoni" <
thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> Hello Matt,
>
> Since yesterday, your autobuilder is behaving strangely, reporting lots
> of "core-dependencies" error due to javac being missing:
>
>   http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=core-dependencies
>
> javac is *NOT* a mandatory dependency in the autobuilder slaves.
> Indeed, the autobuild-run script detects if javac is available or not,
> and if it's not available, it rejects configurations that have
> BR2_NEEDS_HOST_JAVAC=y:
>
>     if "BR2_NEEDS_HOST_JAVAC=y\n" in configlines and not
sysinfo.has("javac"):
>         return False
>
> So the problem your autobuilder instance is reporting should not occur,
> i.e it should not be possible to start the build of a configuration
> that has BR2_NEEDS_HOST_JAVAC=y if javac is not installed. My
> autobuilder instance does *not* have javac installed, and does not
> report those core-dependencies failures.
>
> Did you change anything in your autobuilder instance recently?
I haven't on that instance.

> Installed/removed some packages? Modified the autobuild-run script?
The auto builder script is modified to generate a smaller package set then
the default so that I can use a less powerful machine. My guess would be a
issue with this logic.

> Could you have a look at what's going on?
I've stopped that instance until I can look at it tonight.