[Buildroot] freescale_p2020ds_defconfig fails to build

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Mon Nov 7 19:37:43 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-05 10:36, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> Hello Gustavo,
>
> You are the one who submitted the freescale_p2020ds_defconfig to
> Buildroot. However, this defconfig currently fails to build, because
> the kernel is too old to build with gcc 5.x. Could you have a look and
> propose a patch to fix this defconfig?
>
> See
> http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/buildroot-defconfigs/freescale_p2020ds_defconfig.log.FAIL
> for the full build log.

Hi.
Unfortunately i don't have one of these at my reach any more, and it
uses an ex-freescale (now nxp, eventually qualcomm) git kernel to work
around some design flaws, which makes vanilla kernels without patching
unusable last time i tried.
Other than locking gcc down to 4.9 (temporary fix) or dropping it
there's not much i can do.
Regards.