[Buildroot] Support for MPC_8323E-RDB Board

Siva Prakash Reddy Nareddy subbu3881 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:33:38 UTC 2016

Hi,
    I am interested in using Buildroot to build Kernel and RootFs for the
development board "MPC8323E-RDB". I tried to use buildroot as specified in
Buildroot User Manual, but I am getting issues in building images for my
board. Please, Help us in building kernel and rootfs images for the board
"MPC8323E-RDB".

The issues I am getting are as follows..

jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make menuconfig
configuration written to /home/buildroot-labs/buildroot/.config

*** End of the configuration.
*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make
boot/uboot/uboot.mk:295: *** No board defconfig name specified, check your
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_DEFCONFIG setting.  Stop.
jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make menuconfig

*** End of the configuration.
*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make
boot/uboot/uboot.mk:295: *** No board defconfig name specified, check your
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_DEFCONFIG setting.  Stop.
jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make menuconfig
configuration written to /home/buildroot-labs/buildroot/.config

*** End of the configuration.
*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make
boot/uboot/uboot.mk:290: *** No U-Boot board name set. Check your
BR2_TARGET_UBOOT_BOARDNAME setting.  Stop.
jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make menuconfig

*** End of the configuration.
*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

jyothi at jyothi:/home/buildroot-labs/buildroot$ sudo make
linux/linux.mk:441: *** No kernel device tree source specified, check your
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_INTREE_DTS / BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_CUSTOM_DTS
settings.  Stop.

--
*SIVA*